Wednesday 4 January 2012

Do Now 1/4

When I use my computer, I use a hierarchical system because it's easier to access things when they're in their specific folders. I find it easier to save work in a work folder and games in a game folder, and it saves time by cutting out looking for the actual file somewhere else. This system just makes it easier for me to find everything right when I need it while cutting down on my desktop clutter.

Tagging is a system used to label a photo, video, or document and helps people know what its about, whats in it, and also helps refine a search. So, for example, you could tag a movie trailer for Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise, so people looking up his name can see he's in that movie. Social Bookmarking is the overall method for organizing and storing things on the Internet. With this you can comment, like a video, tag it, or save a link to a web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment